What are the duties of histotechnologist ?
May be you are a training student or a laboratory person work at medical histology laboratory , if answer is yes , this video is specially for you … What are the duties of histotechnologist at medical laboratory , will discuss in article.
Histotechnologist , mean laboratory person who prepare microscopic slides using tissue sections from human , animal or plant specimens .
So histotechnologist have bunch of duties , in the laboratory .
- Very first one is , accessing of specimens.
- Make sure specimens are fixed properly in formalin or in any appropriate fixatives.
- When receiving number of samples , Sort specimens according to priority & record In log book
- Assist pathologist & medical officer in gross examination of surgical specimens & in frozen sections procedures.
- Oparates instruments for tissue processing , embedding , sectioning & provide tissue slides with minimum artifacts to the pathologist
- Work effectively to provide histopathology report to patient with minimum turn-around time.
- Prepare stains & reagents according to the standard procedures
- Properly maintain laboratory equipments
- Make sure that you have abilities of performing , all routine & special procedures
- Maintain laboratory registers and update them.
- Take appropriate measures and involve in internal qulity control to issue accurate histopathology report
- Participate for continuous educating programmes and update with latest knowledge & techniques .